A signature processing project
Infotel carried out for a major regional bank a signature management application.
- acquiring new signatures (digitalising the signature boxes, entering and managing corresponding customer data, backing up the images and corresponding data in a signature database);
- retrieving the existing signatures in order to perform a visual check (entering the customer’s account number, finding the corresponding signatures);
displaying the signatures;
- modifying existing information (signatures, administrative data, etc.);
- updating the content of the existing signature database.
The hardware and software architecture in the project was:
- images are acquired using a scanner;
- the scanner is managed via the TWAIN standard API;
- the images are processed, indexed and displayed in a PC under Windows;
- the signature display application is done using PowerBuilder;
- all business services and access to the signature database are executed using Tuxedo under AIX;
- the signature database is managed in Oracle;
- the client database under z/OS-IDMS is accessed via Tuxedo/host and CICS.