“Flying Blue” loyalty programme management
For 20 years, Infotel has been managing Air France / KLM’s entire frequent flyer programme. With 19 million members, “Flying Blue” has proven to be an essential tool in recognising the loyal customers of Air France and KLM and providing a high quality standard service in both airlines.
Infotel has been supporting Air France in the changing needs of its core business:
- Implementation of third-party maintenance following the moving of the application managing the Air France loyalty programme in the IT centre in Toulouse.
- Creation of a development team responsible for combining the Air France and KLM FFP (Frequent Flyer Programmes) during the merger of the two companies. The scope of the initial development included the drafting of functional specifications for project management.
- Creation of a development team responsible for the redesign of the bonus system in J2E technology: OSIRIS project. Coordination of the functional design in deployment Since 2009, lnfotel teams have been responsible for the maintenance of the application.
The programme managed by the Infotel Service Centre has the following features:
- Manages membership of the Flying Blue programme
- Allocates miles according to trips taken
- Delivers bonuses in exchange for accumulated miles
- Manages ‘mile’ accounts and activity history
- Partnership with airlines and commercial companies
- Defines allocation criteria and associated bonuses
- Defines bonuses and associated promotions
The ISIS application is categorised as “sensitive” at Air France, meaning it must have high availability.
- Technical capabilities provided by the Infotel teams include: z/OS, Cobol, DB2, JEE, ORACLE, STRUTS and HIBERNATE API.
- The core knowledge of the teams changes according to the complex technical and functional environment.
- Third-party maintenance is responsible for checking the operation of Batch and TP processes of ISIS daily and ensuring the application is operational 24×7. An on-call system and weekend service calls are provided to ensure proper monitoring of processes.