Behind the big data transformation
Set up on 7 October 1977 on the basis of the European Patent Convention (EPC), the European Patent Office is an intergovernmental organisation. The EPO carries out searches and substantive examinations on a steadily rising number of European patent applications and international applications filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). To deal with a growing volume of data resulting from multiple sources and make decision-making quicker, the European Patent Office chose Infotel’s intelligent analysis solution Big data expert, Infotel proposed a custom intelligent analysis solution, enabling the EPO to transform millions of data into useful, relevant information for the organisation’s activities. Since 2005, more than 4 million documents have been processed.
The EPO was able to cover business needs such as interpreting non-structured data in a shorter time, enhancing employees’ productivity in time- and resource-consuming tasks, and optimising business processes. The intelligent analysis software provides a comprehensive solution for all organisations looking to extract information intelligently from scanned documents. It reads the documents, interprets them, converts them and identifies the specific information to be extracted according to your business needs.
- Identification with users of the information to select, convert, and extract,
- Customising of the software according to document characteristics and business requirements,
- Test on a sample of data and sample validation,
- Implementation and monitoring of quality during sample processing,
- Quality control of entire production,
- Production monitoring in all processing stages thanks to production indicators.
- Valuation of documents,
- Exploitation of the information in digital records,
- Execution of advanced and specific searches of business processes,
- Deletion of double entries and savings in time