A patent consultation project
This project, initiated by a European body under the EEC’s proposal, aimed to provider Internet users with:
- a patent search engine;
- access to patent documents.
It was divided into three sections:
- provide Internet users, connecting to the national patent office website, with online access to 2 years of patents from the office;
- offer a search engine and identify relevant documents from more than 30 million documents.
- let users to access the content of an online patent knowledge base for patents dating under 10 years and patents dating over 10 years in less than 1’30’’.
- simple, fast access from a Web server
- online access to 10 years of patents, approximately 2 million documents occupying 2 tetrabytes of data
- availability almost 24 hours a day
- separate from current production so that the service is not affected
- provide current system users with online access to 2 million documents
- no culture shock despite revolutionising the operation.