Quality specialist for DB2® applications
DB/IQ guarantees development quality, maintainability of DB2® applications for z/OS® and database performance.
- Establish standards and guidelines for DB2® applications in production
- Foresee performance issues during the design stage
- Guarantee that application performance will still be acceptable with higher volumes
- Verify the code from the development environment
- Ensure availability and performance of critical applications
- Optimise database operation
The DB/IQ solution
DB/IQ is a software solution designed to guarantee the level of quality and maintainability of DB2® applications before deployment in production. DB/IQ automates quality control process according to performance, maintainability and scalability criteria. Easy to install and operate, DB/IQ offers features designed for DBA, but also integrates with developer environments in order to detect quality issues as soon as possible.
- Automates quality control processes according to organisation standards
- Guarantees long-term maintainability of developments
- Reduces CPU usage, preventing the proliferation of resource-intensive SQL statements
- Ensures response times for transactions today and tomorrow
- Increases developers' awareness by explaining the complex mechanisms of the DB2® optimizer
- Automatically performs checks in batch mode or on-the-fly for developers via the ISPF interface or the Eclipse plugin .
- More than 250 quality rules that can be modified and enhanced
- Automatic rejection of SQL statements that infringe critical rules
- Evaluation of the efficiency of data access paths
- Control of the suitability of existing indexes and recommendation of best indexes
- Simulation of database volume by modifying the catalog data
- Maintenance of system integrity by detecting coherence issues between packages, LOADLIB and DBRM
Establish a quality standard for your applications
DB/IQ analyses and monitors the quality of any SQL code according to organisation-defined rules and standards.
- The level of quality and performance is defined via application through the set of rules.
- More than 250 rules, delivered as standard, can be modified and enhanced according to their criticality .
- Analyses are performed on all SQL statements, regardless the origin: source code, view, section of a DBRM from the DB2 preprocessor, application of the DB2® catalog, dynamic SQL.
- The EXPLAIN function in DB/IQ provides developers with clear detailed explanations of the processing of statements by the DB2® Optimizer and of access paths.
- The ISPF interface and Eclipse integration assist developers in ensuring early detection of faults.
Detect performance and maintainability issues
Thanks to its audit functions, DB/IQ assesses the situation of your system and foresees load-associated issues.
- All SQL statements – static or dynamic – can be audited: cost factors, number and type of joins, sorts, access paths, elapse time, CPU, number of pages browsed, number of lines processed, execution number…
- The volume simulation function for tables lets you pinpoint loading issues in applications.
- All analysis results are stored in a log. They provide a vision of the evolution, for a given period, of the quality level of a SQL statement, a model or an entire DB2® application.
- The reports generated automatically provide the necessary information for implementing corrective actions: frequently infringed rules, costly commands…
Optimise database operation
DB/IQ offers a set of features designed to reducing database operating costs and reduce DBA loading.
- Indexes are an essential factor in performance. DB/IQ lets you assess the suitability of indexes and recommends the best possible strategy.
- The index simulation function measures the impact of any modifications and analyses the behaviour of applications under variations in load.
- DB/IQ ensures system integrity and helps remove obsolete items by detecting coherence issues between LOADLIB, DBRM and packages.
- Deployment operations become easier by migrating object specifications consistently and impartially. DDLs are generated automatically for all objects in the catalog structure.
The eclipse plugin for DB/IQ