The shortest path between DL/1® and DB2®
DL/2 migrates all your data from DL/1® to DL/2® without impacting your application.
Cost reduction, data continuity, streamlined environment … The transition from DL/1® to DB2® responds to multiple issues. However, the migration of existing IMS applications requires a complex data reengineering and modification of the programs.
The DL/2 solution
DL/2 is a quick and transparent data and application migration from DL/1® to DB2®. The software induces benefit from the power and the flexibility of DB2® without application changes.
- Ultrafast achievement of migration projects
- No changes to applications
- Suppression of DL/1 costs
- Simplification of the operating environment
- Reducing risks and costs associated with migration
- Gradual or total migration of the data
- Ability to change the migrated database structure (reengineering)
- Exclusion of obsolete data
- Transparent access to IMS applications
- Generation of static SQL requests to insure optimal performances
Unlocking the potential of your DL/1® data through DB2® migration.
While most organizations have chosen DB2® mainframe for database system, many of them keep DL/1® in support of existing applications. For these firms, DL/1® is often an expensive and inflexible architecture.
- DL/2 was designed to reduce risks and accelerate data and IMS applications migration to DB2®.
- Integrated mapping tools facilitate the tasks in preparation for migration such as data re-engineering or disposal of obsolete information.
- An ETL proprietary mechanism automates the transfer of data to DB2 tables.
- Once the data is migrated, DL/2 replaces IMS interface. Commands from applications are analyzed and interpreted in static SQL statements and the results are forwarded to standard DL/1 format.
Preserve your investment in applications
DL/2 provides existing DL/1 applications the benefits of a DB2 database both in terms of easy access and availability (24 hours).
- With DL/2, programs source code stays the same, which preserves your investment in applications.
- Programs continue to give DL/1 requests as before. DL/2 carries the interpretation of those requests and gives out the necessary information in a DL/1 format.
- The increase in CPU usage generated by this conversion is less than 8% for the same response time.
- Once all the data migrated, DL/1 licences and related tools can be canceled. Programms will keep working through DL/2.
- Applications may be modified over time to interface directly with DB2.
DL/2 is a Syncsort® software, distributed by Infotel SA.