the Hardware and Software compression leader
In the IBM environment, Infotel was the first to provide a complete compression solution, InfoPak, using powerful algorithms.
- Companies are continuously accumulating increasing amounts of different types of data.
- Needs in terms of storage units, memory, CPU and access increase in proportion to the amount of data to be processed.
- Maintaining these resources at a minimum level while guaranteeing data integrity and rapid access to information is a major challenge.
The InfoPak solution
- InfoPak offers the best compression rates for your online and backup data.
- InfoPak reduces the cost of online and offline space, thus considerably reducing the number of accesses to process the same quantity of data.
- InfoPak is compatible with many hardware technology levels and offers the choice between software and hardware compression.
- InfoPak applies to DL1, DB2, IDMS and DATACOM data types, as well as to VSAM and sequential files and PDS.
- The most efficient and highly performing tool on the market.
- Software or hardware compression according to machine technology.
- Maximum compression rates (up to 98 %) without complex management of compression tables.
- Compatible with existing language and utilities, without JCl or programme modification.
- Ensures data integrity by avoiding the use of external compression tables.
- Optimises space and data access performance with compression methods based on the latest level of hardware technology.
- Objective-oriented compression module choice
- No human interaction requested
- Evolution of the compression throughout data evolution
- Only product to offer a hardware solution to the IDMS or DATACOM sites.
A Unique Sofware Compression Technology
- From the beginning, it was decided that InfoPak would not use external compression tables.
- Technologies based on specific tables or dictionaries can expose users to data integrity problems in the event of alteration, loss or confusion of these tables.
- InfoPak guarantees the highest level of compression with 100% data security.
- InfoPak guarantees a maximum compression rate over time as data changes.
A simple operating mode
- With InfoPak, simply choose the desired compression module according to the objectives set (compression rate and CPU consumption).
- A number of “intelligent” algorithms are found in each module that are automatically allocated to data, according to their type.
- This operation takes place without human intervention and maintains optimum compression during changes in data.
Hardware Compression without Constraints
- With InfoPak, users benefit immediately from hardware compression without superfluous equipment.
- InfoPak, is the only product to provide a hardware solution for IDMS and DATACOM sites.
- Switches from software compression to “hardware” compression using InfoPak in both directions without conversion, and without loading/unloading.
- InfoPak, is a very powerful tool for sites that use, or will use, a number of machines with different technologies (whether or not they are equipped with a hardware device), which is often the case in a recovery situation following an incident (on the backup site).
Infotel has developed an evaluation utility (TestPak) operating in interactive or batch mode to allow you to evaluate InfoPak performance on your site. Running like an application on existing databases, TestPak immediately shows the gains that can be obtained with InfoPak by the different compression options.