tableBASE, faster access to your mainframe data.
tableBASE is an in-memory table management solution to reduce drastically the use of mainframe resources and increase the performance of your applications.
The majority of transactions realized by your applications involve only a small part of the total volume of information managed in databases. In a traditional database system, transaction speed is limited by the time required to process requests by the database engine and by the time I / O required to read the discs. Optimize these transactions led to improve application performance and reduce mainframe operating cost.
tableBASE manages the most commonly used data in memory by your applications. It allows the removal of I / O operations necessary for reading and writing records, and shorten the access path.
This results in an 100 faster access time for your baseline data, an increase in applications processing capacity and a lower cost of ownership (MIPS, CPU …).
- Applications up to 100 times more efficient.
- Reduced I/O amount
- Processing capacity tenfold increased for equal power
- Optimized MIPS use
- Simple integration into existing applications.
- in-memory tables creation and management
- API interfaces usable by all type of batch or interactive program
- User interface for an easy access and manipulation of in-memory data
- Data sharing between different applications
- compatibility with TSO / ISPF, CICS / TS, IMS / TM, Sysplex, DB2
The shortest way to access to your data
- Reference data represents only a tiny fraction of the total volume of the information managed by your systems. However they are accessed on average in more than 80% of transactions.
- In a conventional database management system, the transaction performance is limited by the speed of the I/ O process necessary for data reading and writing on the media.
- By managing data directly in the memory, tableBASE eliminates the I/O process and increases up to 100 times the performance of these transactions.
- This results in a greatly increased tenfold processing capacity, lower cost per transaction and a strong optimization of your mainframe resources usage.
Access and manipulate data directly in the memory
- tableBASE provides a set of APIs to access and manipulate the data it manages in the memory.
- These APIs can be used by all type batch or interactive application without restriction on the choice of the programming language: COBOL, C, C ++, PL / 1, Assembler, Fortran …
- CICS / TS and IMS / TM interfaces are available for interactive applications as well as an ISPF interface that allows a business user to manipulate the data in the memory.
- tableBASE stores the data it manages in a sustainable way in its internal libraries (DASD) or to temporarily hold it for the time required to program implementation.
- tableBASE offers the possibility of sharing between different applications managed from a single data memory space.
Additional features to databases
- tableBASE can manage numerous indexes on a table in order to benefit from an optimal search method, regardless of the applicative context.
- tableBASE introduces the notion of data validity period for managing business rules requiring precise planning. Each line corresponds to a range of dates outside of which applications cannot access it.
- tableBASE is able to maintain up to 9 table versions. Thus, in case of failure on the current table, each of the previous versions can be accessed.
- tableBASE natively supports parallelization to support the load increases.
tableBASE is edited by Datakinetics® and distributed by Infotel SA.
In-memory table management solution