Deep Clean Your Db2 Catalog to Improve Backups and REORGs
In today’s high-paced mobile landscape where customers expect non-stop availability of applications, DevOps initiatives put pressure on development teams to roll out high-quality software with fast turnarounds and more frequent release cycles. In the sprint to build, test and deploy to tight deadlines and with countless changes being processed by the minute, overwhelmed teams don’t have the bandwidth to consider the enormous build-up of packages inundating the Db2 Catalog – until that is, the clutter of unlinked modules delays subsystem services such as backups and REORGs.
DB/IQ Package Management (PackMan) helps manage the DevOps chaos by identifying redundant packages, removing them and reorganizing the Db2 Catalog. The result is a cleaner Db2 Catalog that is streamlined for more reliable application performance.
Infotel DB/IQ Package Management for Db2 (PackMan) can help clean and declutter your Db2 Catalog in multiple areas of the SQL programming life cycle.
With DB/IQ PackMan, you can
- Clean up the Db2 Catalog by discarding non-required packages. An absolute must, when implementing Change Management Systems within the DevOps method
- Prompt DBAs to easily build jobs and keep a clean and efficient Db2 Catalog
- Avoid all potential -805/-818 problems by determining inconsistencies between DBRMs, associated packages and load modules
- Make migration to production systems secure by determining any inconsistencies, before the BIND process takes place
- Maintain EXPLAIN tables down to the required minimum.
- Improve BIND times
- Recreate DBRM members or libraries from Catalog packages
- Prevent unnecessary BIND by comparing a new DBRM with its predecessor version.
PackMan is available as a module within the DBIQ Quality Assurance for SQL Code suite or as a standalone solution.
Let PackMan declutter your Db2 Catalog for
improved performance of your enterprise applications!